We commonly review and approve SWM plans submitted to our office. Most analyses use either Haestad or TR-55. Site areas are generally in the 80 acre range. Our drainage superintendent would prefer something with a user-friendly GUI. My options at this point appear to be (without knowing much about their GUIs) HydroCAD, Hydrographs/flow, WINSMADA, StormSheD, and Haestad. I've downloaded some demo software but our IT dept. hasn't made it over to let me install it yet.
My big questions at this point in my search are:
1. Does TR-20 correlate well with TR-55 to enable accurate review of one using the other?
2. Does Haestad have any significant advantage in analysis over the competition, especially considering the costs involved?
3. What do you use, and what do you like/dislike about it? Ignoring price, which package would you choose?
4. Are there any packages that really stand out from the crowd (everyone's website proclaims their software is the industry leader, ad nauseum)?
5. Is price (in this industry) an indicator of quality or capability (i.e., StormShed2G @ $2400 v. Hydraflow @ $295)?
Thanks for your help. Any information you can give will be appreciated!