I have some doubts regarding some aspects of parallelization. I read some of the posts regarding this topic on the forum but found different/opposite answers.
- In Abaqus CAE, what does it mean Use multiple processors? Does that mean number of processors or number of cores? Meaning if I have a computer with 8 processors and each of them several cores; should I put the number of processors or total number of cores to use?
- Similar thing for Use of GPGPU acceleration; If I have only one GPU that I want to use at 100%, with 780 cores, should I put a 1 or 780?
- Which Multiprocessing mode would you reccommend for a non linear static analysis?
- In the precision tab, which Nodal output precision do you use? What is the difference between Full and single?
- Have any of you experienced a great improvement regarding computational time for models of 3-5 Million elements? I have not founf a lot on the internet of people actually achieving a great improvement.
- Is parallelization giving better results in Linux than in Windows?
- Can all the GPUs be used for parallelization (provided they are dedicated GPUs?
Thank you very much for your help.
Red Flag Submitted
Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts. The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.
Reply To This Thread
Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.