Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!
  • Students Click Here

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here


What's it called again? Glass lined vessel repair item

What's it called again? Glass lined vessel repair item

What's it called again? Glass lined vessel repair item

Hi everyone,

What do you call the items/assembly used to cover spots on a glass lined vessel where a spark test failure has occurred. They are Teflon/Hastelloy/Tantalum disks that get mounted to the vessel interior to cover the failing area. For the life of me, I can't recall what this assembly is called even though I've seen it numerous times.


RE: What's it called again? Glass lined vessel repair item

Thanks @Compositepro! I guess "plug" is the best word for it, I kept describing it as a patch but I wasn't getting anywhere.

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members!


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close