Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!
  • Students Click Here

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here

Related Articles


Wall Sheathing in the 80's

Wall Sheathing in the 80's

Wall Sheathing in the 80's

Could someone identify this sheathing panel?

RE: Wall Sheathing in the 80's

Metal straps attached to the panel too?


Mike McCann, PE, SE (WA)

RE: Wall Sheathing in the 80's

notice the staples at the right edge, and jagged cut edge.
Agree with Mike

RE: Wall Sheathing in the 80's

It was Thermo-Ply and no metal straps. (The gymsum was removed and I cut a section out with a pen knife.)

Thanks again. You were able to allow me to get a jump on my research.

Best regards;

J.D. Dixon, JR., PE (TX)

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members!


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close