Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!
  • Students Click Here

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here


Road/Railway Grade Crossings

Road/Railway Grade Crossings

Road/Railway Grade Crossings

Hi guys,
I'm a transportation engineer in training working in Canada at the moment.  We are currently using RTD 10 standards when evaluating the safety parameters of any road/rail crossing.  I was wondering if anybody knew what is used in the States?  


RE: Road/Railway Grade Crossings

Hi Trainguy,
I did have a look through there and I did find some good references.  Thanks!

RE: Road/Railway Grade Crossings

See my previous thread 671-262060 reply "You probably need to get hold of the AREMA manual -  most railway technical info. is contained there".

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members!


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close