Contact US

Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here

Welding Symbol Help

Welding Symbol Help

RE: Welding Symbol Help

From what I see, just a regular Fillet. you just need to decide inside, outside or both.
Google weld symbol chart.

RE: Welding Symbol Help

Meant to answer earlier and forgot.
Anyway, if those corners touch, then just a fillet inside and fillet outside. This is done all the time with thicker plate.
If the corners don't touch, I'm not so sure. It might help to show us what the weld actually would look like.
The weld symbols are intended to communicate how to weld that, but sometimes, you may need to write out a paragraph or draw a picture instead of, or in addition to, the weld symbol.

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members! Already a Member? Login


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close