Contact US

Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here

Ball-valve insert

Ball-valve insert

Ball-valve insert

Hi. Does anyone know if there are available ball-valve inserts which can be dropped into a recess in a manifold. If so, what might they be called or where I might find them. I want some, probably 1 1/2" or 2" for a fuel fill and tank to tank transfer in a small ship.


RE: Ball-valve insert

Errrr, you're going to have to explain this one in more than one line I think and with a diagram or sketch or link or all three.

"Ball valve inserts" - What are they? What sort of "insert"?

"dropped into a recess in a a manifold"?? You what? Makes zero sense I'm afraid.

"What might they be called?" Not even the vaguest clue and probably manufactured from Unobtanium...

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

RE: Ball-valve insert

A fair comment .....

RE: Ball-valve insert

Sounds like you want a butterfly valve (squeeze between flanges...if there is room to spread them). I know of no ball valve insert that is similar to how check valves have the 'insert' or 'wafer' style.

RE: Ball-valve insert

Closest thing to what you may be asking for is a 3-piece ball valve. The center section of a 3-piece body construction could be what you are looking for.

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members! Already a Member? Login


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close