Contact US

Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here

Ask for a name of a pneumatic symbol

Ask for a name of a pneumatic symbol

Ask for a name of a pneumatic symbol

Hi everyone,

As I am reading the paper for my work about cooling air path, there is a pneumatic symbol at the end of the air path that I do not understand (there also lack of necessary wording description).
I attach its picture here and the system drawing here.
It seems like a filter but the hydraulic filter symbol has different orient shape.
I also have tried to search for it on ISO 1219 but finding it nowhere.

So I would like to ask if anyone of you has faced it and tell me what it is.

Thanks for your help.

RE: Ask for a name of a pneumatic symbol

IMO, the symbol looks like some sort of the "filter".

RE: Ask for a name of a pneumatic symbol


I guess it is a filter as well. But I see nothing similar by searching on various standards.

RE: Ask for a name of a pneumatic symbol

From what i can see, its a pneumatic piston operated ON/OFF valve.

The valve may be a ball / butterfly / knife gate etc.

RE: Ask for a name of a pneumatic symbol

Dear srini1785,

The right part of it seems like the valve, but what I would like to ask is the left part (the square shape with oblique dotted line).
Have you ever seen this symbol?

RE: Ask for a name of a pneumatic symbol

@IceStationZebra: Thanks so much for your comment. This seems fit best to my case.

RE: Ask for a name of a pneumatic symbol

@IceStationZebra: Do you think those different filter symbols represent any filter property difference?

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members! Already a Member? Login


Low-Volume Rapid Injection Molding With 3D Printed Molds
Learn methods and guidelines for using stereolithography (SLA) 3D printed molds in the injection molding process to lower costs and lead time. Discover how this hybrid manufacturing process enables on-demand mold fabrication to quickly produce small batches of thermoplastic parts. Download Now
Design for Additive Manufacturing (DfAM)
Examine how the principles of DfAM upend many of the long-standing rules around manufacturability - allowing engineers and designers to place a part’s function at the center of their design considerations. Download Now
Taking Control of Engineering Documents
This ebook covers tips for creating and managing workflows, security best practices and protection of intellectual property, Cloud vs. on-premise software solutions, CAD file management, compliance, and more. Download Now

Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close