Contact US

Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here

AD 2000 Merkblatt certification

AD 2000 Merkblatt certification

AD 2000 Merkblatt certification

I am working in a valve manufacturing company. We are manufacturing ball valves, Butterfly valves, actuators. I am working on a project about AD 2000 Merkblatt certification. what are certificates required for a valve manufacturer? we are procuring casting and forging from our foundry suppliers (who have AD 2000 merkblatt W0 certificates). which certificates we need to have?(in our name) for example AD 2000 Merkblatt A2, A4 etc., Thanks in advance.

RE: AD 2000 Merkblatt certification

You should check if AD Merkblatt still applies. Essentially these were specifications for pressure containing equipment and accessories such as valves. The Pressure Equipment Directive 'PED' has been the regulation since May 2002. However, some clients/users may want to still apply the requirements of AD- Merkblatt. If the installation is in a EU country, then PED is mandatory. You probably are in possession of a request for a replacement built in the ore PED days. I would check with your client.

*** Per ISO-4126, the generic term 'Safety Valve' is used regardless of application or design ***

*** 'Pressure-relief Valve' is the equivalent ASME/API term ***

RE: AD 2000 Merkblatt certification

In Germany the AD-Merkblätter were used pre the introduction of the PED. Nowadays we have the AD2000 Merblätter that full fill the requirements of the PED (safety, documentation,...).
PED only describes general safety requirements.-> You don't fabricate something according to the PED but to a code that full fills the requirements of the PED. This can be AD2000 or EN 12516 or even the ASME code( with additional testing) .
Part of the documentation you have to create for the valve is usually a declaration of conformity to the PED.

For AD2000 as the valve manufacturer you will need to be certified according to AD200 HP0.
Certification can be performed by a Notified Body (e.g. TÜV).

As to the requirements for the castings and forgings I replied to that in your other post here: https://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=483270

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members! Already a Member? Login


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close