Contact US

Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here

A-arm ball joint cup - where to find

A-arm ball joint cup - where to find

A-arm ball joint cup - where to find


I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me where to find this style of a ball joint cup? I looked through everything that I've been able to get my hands on but its still elusive to me, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Most of the off road manufactures have moved to this style, while some may make the cup in house, I would suspect its more likely that they outsource this. I'm hopeful someone may be able to point in the right direction.


RE: A-arm ball joint cup - where to find

What are you attempting to do? What vehicle is it for?

It's normally expected that you would replace the entire ball joint, not just the dust boot. But a google search for "ball joint dust boot" turns up quite a few.

I have a customer that builds suspension parts, and those parts are indeed coming from an outside supplier ... and as often as not, the whole ball joint gets pressed/staked/welded into the control arm (along with the dust boot and several other little bits that make it work) so that the whole thing including the ball joint (and that dust boot) is one part number to the eventual auto manufacturer that puts it in the car ...

RE: A-arm ball joint cup - where to find

If the boot has cracked then the spherical ball joint is not long for this world. I think the SBJ is usually a press fit in the arm, which is why you usually replace the entire assembly.


Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376: Eng-Tips.com Forum Policies http://eng-tips.com/market.cfm?

RE: A-arm ball joint cup - where to find

Moog comes to mind:

They only deliver the complete ball joint, though.

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members! Already a Member? Login


Low-Volume Rapid Injection Molding With 3D Printed Molds
Learn methods and guidelines for using stereolithography (SLA) 3D printed molds in the injection molding process to lower costs and lead time. Discover how this hybrid manufacturing process enables on-demand mold fabrication to quickly produce small batches of thermoplastic parts. Download Now
Design for Additive Manufacturing (DfAM)
Examine how the principles of DfAM upend many of the long-standing rules around manufacturability - allowing engineers and designers to place a part’s function at the center of their design considerations. Download Now
Taking Control of Engineering Documents
This ebook covers tips for creating and managing workflows, security best practices and protection of intellectual property, Cloud vs. on-premise software solutions, CAD file management, compliance, and more. Download Now

Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close