Tensile Roof Structure
Tensile Roof Structure
The firm I work with has an inspection/materials testing division and we have been contracted as the Special Inspections Coordinator/ and firm responsible for documenting the required inspections for this amazing structure, the the state of CT.
There is limited documentation and or experience for this type of roof structure which is mainly a tube steel truss structure, with various tension rings, and the like.
To be brief, does any one have any experience and/or knowledge with design, fabrication, installation and inspection of this type of structure?
We are currently awaiting approved contract documents, and also shop dwgs. for this structure, thus far we have broken down the inspections into five separate categories which are the folowing:\
- [ol 1]indent]Structural Details-[/b] inspect steel framing compliance with the structural drawings, including bracing, connections and configuration.
- 2)Cables Wire rope, inspect cable testing reports from mfg. and verify all cables meet the required limits., verify, location, size, etc.[/indent]
- Inspect that the shackles are properly seated and fastened.
- 3)Bolts Inspect installations and tightening of high strength bolts. Check all bolts, nut, flat washer, and DTI certs. for conformance with the proper specifications. (Unknow ?)
- Verify bolting sequence, (tightening- and that the installer is conforming) Use the DTI Mfg. installation guidelines as a start - this is already posing a problem/issue, the epoxy paint in filling the DTI grooves prior to achieving required/proper torque, therefore the indication / indicator is false.)??!!
- 4)PinsInspect pin installation for proper sizing and placement and its meets designers specifications.
- 5)Roofing Membrane Attachment[b] Visually check that roofing membrane is properly attached according to designers specs at each type of attachment per approved contract documents.
Any an all help is greatly appreciated, due to fact that this is a new , fairly sizable inspection item for us.
We have inspectors with ICC Welding and Bolting Certs, a master ICC special inspector, and other EIT graduates whom have the background knowledge and ability to adequately assess the inspection items. Ofcourse the proper literature and or guidance will assure our inspectors do not overlook any thing.
I look forward to anyones input regarding information with respect to inspecting a "[b][u]TENSILE FABRIC ROOF STRUCTURE/SYSTEM.
Thanks you in advance for your input.