Contact US

Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here

Hi, I am a mechanical engineer a

Hi, I am a mechanical engineer a

Hi, I am a mechanical engineer a


I am a mechanical engineer and currently involved in packaging of high voltage electrical/electronics machines.

Can you please suggest me any book or web site ON
“Packaging High Voltage power electronics machines”

or just

“Packaging of power electronics machines”

Thanks and regards,

RE: Hi, I am a mechanical engineer a

Not knowing exactly what you are trying to package, the following is suggested.
There are quite a few standards that you might run into e.g.
NEC, NESC, etc that describe what and how your electrical/electronics must be packaged.

RE: Hi, I am a mechanical engineer a

Dear Dough,

Thanks for your reply.

I will be Thankful, if you pleae also tell me from where to get NEC or NESC Standards.


RE: Hi, I am a mechanical engineer a


Before purchase any reference will be a good idea to understand the scope and purposes of any code or standard.

Be aware that neither the NEC nor the NESC are intended as a design specification or as an instruction manual. The following describe the purpose of each publication:

1)  NESC "practical safeguarding of persons during the installation, operation, or maintenance of electric supply and communication lines and associated equipment".
Usually applicable on utilities environment

2) NEC "practical safeguarding of persons and property from hazards arising from the use of electricity".
The NEC (NFPA 70) is more often used on industrial, residential and commercial facilities and covers utilization wiring requirements beyond the service point.

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members! Already a Member? Login


Low-Volume Rapid Injection Molding With 3D Printed Molds
Learn methods and guidelines for using stereolithography (SLA) 3D printed molds in the injection molding process to lower costs and lead time. Discover how this hybrid manufacturing process enables on-demand mold fabrication to quickly produce small batches of thermoplastic parts. Download Now
Design for Additive Manufacturing (DfAM)
Examine how the principles of DfAM upend many of the long-standing rules around manufacturability - allowing engineers and designers to place a part’s function at the center of their design considerations. Download Now
Taking Control of Engineering Documents
This ebook covers tips for creating and managing workflows, security best practices and protection of intellectual property, Cloud vs. on-premise software solutions, CAD file management, compliance, and more. Download Now

Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close