1) I reviewed a material certificate and I observed the carbon content and the CE is higher than Specified. (material grade: S355J2, material thickness 130mm round bar )
- specified: C = 0.16 & CE = 0.43
- on material certificate: C = 0.18 & CE = 0.44
Will it have much effect on the weld? Please advise.
2) A PQR was qualified using SMAW (3G position) for the root and hot pass while SAW (1G position) for filling and capping. Range qualify on WPS; SAW=1G and SMAW=all positions. Please note, impact and harness test was performed. During review, I stated that SMAW on WPS was only qualified for 3G position and not all positions, please advise.
3) can a WPS qualified to AWS D1. 1 be reviewed to ISO 15614-1 (the adopted code for the project is ISO 15614-1 but the PQR was formally qualified to AWS D1. 1) please advise.