Contact US

Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here

Flow measurement by differential pressure

Flow measurement by differential pressure

Flow measurement by differential pressure


we program to install new transmitters to measure flow but we didn't know how to choose the range, is there any method to determine which transmitter we should use?

RE: Flow measurement by differential pressure

When you have determined a low range and pipe size, the transmitter and orifice sizing is easily determined by published reference from your device manufacturer, whether Siemens, Endress+Hause, Rosemount, or the like. Remember to normalize your linear transmitter output as the flowrate is the square root of the DP. Sometimes the flowmeter can make this conversion for you but you would need to reference the device documentation.

Brad Waybright

It's all okay as long as it's okay.

RE: Flow measurement by differential pressure

Hello, guys, balanced flow meter is a kind of dp flow meters (differental pressrue), it is much better than transitional orifice plate. A+K brand has that kind of balanced flow metes,but i happen to know one China supplier also has that flow meter, you can see the link:http://www.silverinstruments.com/product/flow-meas...
this kind of differential pressure flow meter sensor has multi-holes , not like orifice plate with one hole. you can send the flow range , pressure , medium and temperature to the above company, and they will issue a calculation sheet to you and tell you the dp range you should choose.

Silver automation Instruments

RE: Flow measurement by differential pressure

If all else fails you can attach a gauge to both sides and see what the values are, that may give you a good starting place.

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members! Already a Member? Login


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close