Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!
  • Students Click Here

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here


Double gland cock

Double gland cock

Double gland cock

Dear all,

I need your help. I have googled for hours but cannot find this type of valve: "double gland" type. Probably it is known by different name, but if anyone knows how does this valve look like, please help.

Thanks very much


RE: Double gland cock

Could this be a translation problem from "Twin-Seal", which is a Cameron brand?

RE: Double gland cock

is it used for the blow-off cock similar to a plug type of valve?
per name of "double gland", I guess that there are two glands for two valve packings design.

RE: Double gland cock

Hi mk3223,
I doubt it, although I am not native born English speaking. 'Twin' is in technical language usually used for two separate items in series, or two items doing the same thing. Not as here doing two separate things, sealing two different openings.

RE: Double gland cock

Dear mk3223

I thought that's the one, but maybe there's other design that fits the criteria of double gland.

RE: Double gland cock

Mr gerharld

Thanks for your input. Yes, probably the sealing is in series, meaning if one gland leaks, the valve still has the other seal, you know, like that below valves. Have you any picture of this valve? I googled and cannot find one.

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members!


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close