Contact US

Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here

Any idea what this symbol is?

Any idea what this symbol is?

Any idea what this symbol is?

Hi - I have attached a picture of the symbol. It is the one to the left of the pH meter. Is is part of a pH water control loop. Does anyone know what it could be? The piping is 3/4" PVC SCH80. I think it is some kind of check valve w/ injection port or bleed port. Thanks in advance.

RE: Any idea what this symbol is?

Not in the ISA symbol library.

RE: Any idea what this symbol is?


This is what it looks like in the field. Flow is from the top and back then down and out the bottom. Could be a port or flow body? Flow switch? Bleeder valve? It might be the pH meter I guess. I could be confusing the symbol with this and they are not the same.

RE: Any idea what this symbol is?

Could it be someone's homemade symbol for a sample well that the pH probe is inserted into?

"Live and act within the limit of your knowledge and keep expanding it to the limit of your life." Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged.
Please see FAQ731-376: Eng-Tips.com Forum Policies for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips.

RE: Any idea what this symbol is?

Yes maybe a one directional flow body for the pH probe? That arrow in the symbol is what makes me think there is something more.

RE: Any idea what this symbol is?

Yes, a well for the pH.

More context would help, like a lot more of the system schematic.

Or even an IN FOCUS picture..

Keith Cress
kcress - http://www.flaminsystems.com

RE: Any idea what this symbol is?

May be a conductivity sensor. They are generally installed in Tee Junction to avoid air gap.

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members! Already a Member? Login


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close