Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!
  • Students Click Here

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here


Cables for Instrumentation

Cables for Instrumentation

Cables for Instrumentation


1) In which location, these types of cables are used in Instrumentation? and why?
2) Which type of cable is expensive?
3) NEC article code to refer to these specifications?

RE: Cables for Instrumentation

For XHHW see: Art.310.10(B) and (C) [XLPE or EPR insulated power and control cable]
for TC-Tray Cable-Art. 336
for ITC-Instrument Tray Cable- see Art.727
for PLTC-Power-limited [tray cables]-Art.725
Use one of them if you have to follow a certain specification. The price depends on manufacturer-bidder.

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members!


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close