Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!
  • Students Click Here

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here


Compressed Gas Cylinder "C-10" connection

Compressed Gas Cylinder "C-10" connection

Compressed Gas Cylinder "C-10" connection

I have a coworker who has spent the better part of a day beating his head against the wall on this one:
Does anyone know of any specification, industry or otherwise, for a C-10 gas cylinder connector?
We have a small compressed gas regulator. The regulator inlet is configured to connect to a "C-10" connector. He's trying to find a specification that defines a "C-10" connector. These regulators are also sold with "CGA 600" connectors, and it's easy to find the spec for those: It's CGA publication V-1. It's also easy enough to find a thread form for the C-10 connector, it's 5/8-18. However, that's as much info as we can find.
He even called a company that makes adapters for Praxair and Airgas. They know what a C-10 connector is, and they make adapters to fit them, but the engineer I talked to told me that they've been building those adapters for years and have never been able to find out who designed the C-10 connector or if there is a standard that defines it.
I know that there are plenty of designs in use that predate the widespread adoption of industry standards, but in most cases, standards have been retroactively created. It doesn't seem like that's the case for the mysterious C-10, unless we're missing something.

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members!


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close