Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!
  • Students Click Here

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here


Class 1500LB-II

Class 1500LB-II

Class 1500LB-II

I cam across this designation for valve flange and was unsure as to what the II referred to.
Is it too simplistic to assume it refers to ASME II for the materials of construction.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

RE: Class 1500LB-II

Not sure of the meaning of the II but just for your information there is no such thing as "Class 1500LB". The correct designation is "Class 1500"

RE: Class 1500LB-II

Agree that the correct designation is ASME class 1500, but lets not start that discussion again....

II seems quite odd , but can you give the full description of what it refers to?

ASME II is not specific to a material so I can't see how it would apply.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

RE: Class 1500LB-II

The designation has come through a list of valves required for a power station in the far east which is being engineered out of Japan. Under the valve rating we have some items which state the following notation;- 1500LB-Ⅱ.

RE: Class 1500LB-II

Needs a query back - its not something I've ever seen and may be related to a note or some sort of rating issue. What size / type of valves were these designations on?

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

RE: Class 1500LB-II

for valve materials , normally API 6A material class applies .

AA-General Service Carbon or low alloy steel
BB-General Service Carbon or low alloy steel
CC-General Service Stainless steel
DD-Sour Service a Carbon or low alloy steel b
EE-Sour Service a Carbon or low alloy steel b
FF-Sour Service a Stainless steel b
HH-Sour Service a CRA bcd

I believe the II might be a typo,

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members!


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close