Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!
  • Students Click Here

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here


UHMW-PE pipe

UHMW-PE pipe

UHMW-PE pipe

Hi can anyone tell me is there a ASTM standard (or other published standards e.g. ISO) for UHMW-PE pipe ?

RE: UHMW-PE pipe

ASTM D4020

RE: UHMW-PE pipe

D4020 is just the material spec for extrusion materials, not for pipe. It does not provide physical properties information requirements such as hydrostatic design base (HDB), tensile strength, etc. to determine the wall thickness required for pressure containment. Is there such a standard (similar to ASTM D3035 for PE pipe) for UHMW PE pipe from any standards organization ?

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members!


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close