Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!
  • Students Click Here

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here


o-ring/seal information

o-ring/seal information

o-ring/seal information

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with an o ring/seal question I have.

What is the name of this type of seal:

Thank you, I appreciate the help.

RE: o-ring/seal information

Looks like a cup seal, except...is there an o-ring embedded in it? If so, it's a type of "polypack" or "loaded-lip cup seal".

RE: o-ring/seal information

Yes, it is a cup seal. Also called a lip seal. There is no o-ring, that is just a groove between the outer lip and the center of the cup.

RE: o-ring/seal information

Thanks everyone for the help

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members!


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close