Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!
  • Students Click Here

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here


OSHA 500

OSHA 500

OSHA 500

Hi All,
I'm looking for a break down of what's required for the OSHA 500 designation. I possess a 40 Hour HazWoper and a Competent Person Cert but I'm unfamiliar with the 500. Any help? Thanks. Jay

RE: OSHA 500

If you are referring to the OSHA Training institute Courses, the 500 Trainer Course in OSHA standards is for the construction industry.  The course is designed for individuals in the private sector interested in teaching the 10 and 30 hour construction safety and health outreach program. to their employees and others interested groups.  Course participants are briefed on effective instructional approaches and the effective use of visual aids and handouts.  The course allows participants to become a trainer in the Outreach Program.  If this is what your question is referring to you can contact me and I can supply you with more information.

RE: OSHA 500

Thank you Safe,
I would love to have more info on the OSHA 500 Trainer course. Anything will help. Is this the elusive course oft referred to as "Train the Trainer"? And what about the Outreach Program? And what about Mary Lou? Sorry. Thanks again. I appreciate your time. JayWard

RE: OSHA 500

Continuation of an earlier response: As an Outreach Trainer you can conduct the 10-hour and 30-hour construction safety and health course and to issue cards to participants verifying course completion.  students in course 500 who wish to participate as authorized trainers in the Outreach Program must successfully pass a written examination at the end of the course.  As an Outreach trainer you are reqyuired to attend the 502 course (Update for Construction Industry Outreach Trainers)at least once every four years to maintain your trainer status.  In you are not interested in conducting the 10-hour and 30-hour programs then you should enroll in the 510 course ( Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry).  You can enroll for any number of courses that are taught at either the OSHA Training Institute or at training centers located throughout the US.  Contact me if you require further information.  

RE: OSHA 500

The OSHA 500 course basically covers all of 1910 plus training on how to be a trainer.  The Material package that you receive is pretty good. You will get a CD that has training plans so that you can conduct the 10 and 30 hours training. There is a test that is comprehensive to get the designation.

RE: OSHA 500

You can also take the OSHA 500 Course online.  The course is available at http://www.shesolutions.com/ , and then click on 'Online Construction Courses'.

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members!


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close