Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!
  • Students Click Here

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here


Society for marine piping systems engineer

Society for marine piping systems engineer

Society for marine piping systems engineer


Which Society could you recommend for Marine piping systems engineer. I'm responsible for marine piping systems design in my Company. We do design for Jack-ups, Semi's, Drillships.

I joined SNAME, but there is not much activity for marine piping systems. They do have a lot for Naval architects and Structural engineers though.

I'm a little bit stack and do not grow up. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

RE: Society for marine piping systems engineer

What diameter pipe are you responsible for? Is there a gasket involved? Do the pipes rely on bolted connections, or do they rely on welds? are the pipes subsea? If bolts, what diameters do you see?

Coatings, and materials are a concern as well as assembly, however there are many solutions available. I work with Oceaneering, US Coast Guard, Navy, etc. Corrosive environments are fun!

RE: Society for marine piping systems engineer

TensionvsTorque, I'm responsible for basic process. You are talking about detail design.

I work with pipes from 1/2" to 18". Gaskets, bolts, welds are involved, but as a basic material specifications. Pipes are mainly inside the hull.

RE: Society for marine piping systems engineer

There is a marine structures group within NACE.
There may be someplace within SPE (petroleum engr) since they design and build offshore platforms.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy, Plymouth Tube

RE: Society for marine piping systems engineer

EdStainless, is NACE for Corrosion Engineers? I'm not really involved in corrosion. My field is design and processes for marine piping systems. Marine Structures sounds like for Structural engineers.
Maybe good Magazine / Course recommendation?

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members!


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close