Contact US

Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here

nomenclature in engineering

nomenclature in engineering

nomenclature in engineering

Please could somebody define/explain "heave anti- heave" this phrase in suspension terms is foreign to me. Yaw pitch, roll squat etc are almost self explanatory, I have asked this in a previous post but sadly seems to have been missed.
With thanks Golfpin

RE: nomenclature in engineering

Heave is quite often used in "classical" English nomenclature and is equivalent to jounce (or rebound) motion. Anti-heave I have never hear of but would probably mean opposite wheel travel which would refer to roll motion.


dynatune, www.dynatune-xl.com

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members! Already a Member? Login


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close