Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!
  • Students Click Here

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here


has any one know where this stuff c

has any one know where this stuff c

has any one know where this stuff c

has any one know where this stuff can be purchased
AMS 3090 Dry Film Lubricant Polysulfide Sealant Compatible


RE: has any one know where this stuff c

The dominant dry film lubricant (DFL) materials attracting research studies and industrial applications have been molybdenum disulfide (MoS2), PTFE, and Graphite.

Major Industry Specifications for Dry Film Lubrication:


RE: has any one know where this stuff c

NSN 9150-01-332-8904

RE: has any one know where this stuff c

I don't have this standard, but here is a description of this product:

SAE AMS 3090 Dry-Film Lubricant — This dry film lubricant must be heat cured and is in the form of a sprayable liquid containing lubricating solids dispersed in a resin binder and suitable solvents. This dry film lubricant is typically used for fasteners in aircraft fuel tanks, but it may be used in other applications requiring compatibility with fuels, hydraulic fluids, lube oils, and polysulfide sealants. (See SAE AMS 3090 for a list of fluids used to test compatibility.)

Based on this description, I would contact Tiodize or Sandstrom, as they both offer a number of products specifically for the aircraft/aerospace industry:



RE: has any one know where this stuff c

Thank you all for your post


Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members!


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close