I have tow basic questions and I hope someone could help me.
1) What's the best way to simulate higher axial stiffness of the columns of a frame?
- If I use the "rod constraint", the axial results will be output as zero.
- Using a modfication factor to mutiply the cross sectional area will affect the results (e.g: the total weight of the structure). Doesn't it?
- Assigning a higher modulus of elasticity will affect the transverse results.
2) How can I simulate the plane stiffness of a slab?
Is it necessary to add the "master joint" as in the Sap90?
Thanks a lot.