Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!
  • Students Click Here

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here


locating clamp?

locating clamp?

locating clamp?

Hi, I am trying to locate a stainless steel clamp that slides over 3/8" rod ring stand and clamps on to it with a thumb screw. I just need it to have a small arm that comes out a couple of inches and has a v  shaped groove in it. I want to be able to rest one end of a mandrel up to a 1/4 inch thickness in size in the groove. The macine shop I saw it in said they got it years ago in a lab supply but I haven't found anything like it after days of searching. I would upload a crude drawing but I don't see that option on this forum. If anyone could direct me where to look I would appreciate it.
Thanks Joy

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members!


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close