Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!
  • Students Click Here

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here


Euro. equivalent grades?

Euro. equivalent grades?

Euro. equivalent grades?

do anybody know the European equivalent of these ASTM grades: A106 grB  and  A333 gr6?

RE: Euro. equivalent grades?

It's very difficult to give an equivalence. I'll give you some "equivalent" grade. I was faced to same problem and I built my installation according to PED.
I'll come.

RE: Euro. equivalent grades?

have find some equivalent grades?
best regards

RE: Euro. equivalent grades?

Room temp & seamless :
EN 10216-1 P195TR2
EN 10216-1 P235TR2
EN 10216-1 P165TR2
High temp & seamless :
EN 10216-2 P195GH
EN 10216-2 P235GH
EN 10216-2 P165GH
Fine grain & seamless :
EN 10216-3
Low temp & seamless :
EN 10216-3 P215NL
EN 10216-3 P255QL
EN 10216-3 P265NL

EN 10217-.. for welded tubes

RE: Euro. equivalent grades?

I think I can also use:
for high temperature,carbone steel piping:
EN 10216-1 P265TR1
EN 10216-2 P265GH
EN 10217-1
and for low temperature, carbone steel piping:
EN 10216-4 P255

RE: Euro. equivalent grades?

for low temperature EN 10216-4 P255QL

I'm about to build a website with references to EN standards.
The "suffuxes" (NL, QL, GH, ...) are defined in EN 1027 if I rember.

RE: Euro. equivalent grades?


Please offer some advice to settle an office dispute.
Is a casting that contains pressure subject to PED and ASME codes?

RE: Euro. equivalent grades?


your question is not clear enough.
Is the casting for the European marked? What is the volume, the pressure and medium? Is it a part ofa vessel , piping or valve ?

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members!


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close