Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here

BS EN ISO 17292:2004

BS EN ISO 17292:2004

BS EN ISO 17292:2004

For many years we have been purchasing Class 800 Full Bore threaded and socket weld end valves, and have specified them to be in accordance with BS 5351.
However, BS 5351 has been replaced by BS EN ISO 17292:2004, and this standard categorically states that it only applies to Class 800 REDUCED bore threaded and socket weld end valves.
We still have a huge market for Class 800 Full Bore valves, but our main supplier is saying that they can no longer supply them and we should use an alternative Class Rating.
Any thought on this one?

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members! Already a Member? Login


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close