Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.


Need HLB for Emulsifying Herbicide 2,4-D

Need HLB for Emulsifying Herbicide 2,4-D

Hi. Anyone out there know the required HLB number required to emulsify the amine salt of 2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid (an herbicide) in water?

RE: Need HLB for Emulsifying Herbicide 2,4-D

2,4D Amine is water soluble - you don't need to form an emulsion, it is a simple solution. You may need a wetter, however, for the product to perform properly "on plant". Typical wetters are C12 alcohol ethoxylates or nonylphenolethoxylates.

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members!


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close