This should be relatively straight forward but can't wrap my head around it. I have an electronic enclosure that will be covered in silicone at 120C. There are sensitive electronics that can't get too hot and I want to know if the molding will heat them up too much. Assume that the electronics have just 2mm thick of silicone protecting them from the overmolding. The overmold is 2mm of liquid silicone at 120C for 3 minutes. How hot will the electronics get(or, how hot will the inner wall of silicone that they touch get)
Red Flag Submitted
Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts. The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.
Reply To This Thread
Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.
Since the later 1980s, manufacturing companies have seen over 3 percent in labor output year on year, with most of this productivty enhancement occuring because of the optimization of repetitive tasks. Download Now