Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.




Good day dear Engineers/designers.
Does anyone know what is the name of this welded item? It is very unique and existing something we need to change this item. It is small bore and has got clamp to hold 2 lips together. There is also seal between two lipped faces. Photos are attached. Waiting for your thoughts!

Ramil Abbaszade
Stress Engineer


They are called tri clover or tri clamp pipe connectors. There are many suppliers and manufacturers. Are there any marks, names, numbers stamped on it?

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.


Haha, tri clamp yes. Made to a dozen standards from a dozen countries, all of which vary a little bit (the devil is in the details). Make sure you get the right standard, like, DIN 32676, DIN, 118xx, ISO 2852, ASME BPE, etc. For future purposes, we found it's best to standardize on the ASME BPE design for tri clamp ferrules (i.e. with respecto to dimensions etc.). It's mosty commonly accepted and available.

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members!


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close