Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.


section1 code spool

section1 code spool

I ahve spool under section 1/B31.1 design data, what should i put for applicable code & what code stamp should I use?

RE: section1 code spool

May look at the sketches of the Fig.100.1.2 in B31.1 and decide which the proper code stamps, i.e. "S", "A", or "PP", for your application. Also refer to the thread794-395346: ASME S stamp for additional info.
Hope it helps.

RE: section1 code spool

thank you. I am not engineer so don't know much about it. I think I will "PP" thought.

RE: section1 code spool

Suggest you discuss with your AIA.

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members!


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close