First let me say the issue we are having currently does not occur in NX 7.5 using the same files and directories. 7.5 works as expected.
However, in 8.5, only when doing a "Save As", we receive the "No Write Access" error when saving to a Novell network drive. We can save locally or to a Windows networked drive without a problem. Obviously, we have verified the rights to the locations we are saving to. And please keep in mind the very same locations work properly with 7.5.
Info: Workstations are running Windows 7 64-bit, I believe 32G Ram, 1TB hard drives. Network is Novell (Suse Linux).
Again, as I've stated, this same configuration works with NX 7.5. Issue appears to be workstation related since uses can go to working workstations and save just fine.
Let me see if I can list the symptoms:
1. Only happens with Save As. Save itself works as it should.
2. Some users can save fine, others can not.
3. The users who can not save can go the a workstation who is able to save, log in as themselves and 'Save As' just fine.
4. The reverse of #3 fails, meaning the person who could save at their machine can not save at a failing machine.
5. When Save As is performed, NX appears to modify the file name during the save process. This modified file appears to save properly and can even be renamed by hand. It can be opened without a problem. My guess is that NX will rename the file to the desired name after a successful save. This rename step seems to fail.
6. NO PART OF THE FILE HAS BEEN MODIFIED. I don't believe this is a Read Only item issue (at least at the start of the save). In fact, I have toggled OFF the 'Save Drawing CGM Data' option and still get the error.
7. After the save fails, the document is flagged as Read-Only at the top of the screen.
I am still troubleshooting this. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you for your time.