INTELLIGENT WORK FORUMS
FOR ENGINEERING PROFESSIONALS

Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Jobs

2205/6% MOLY (75/25 SPLIT)

2205/6% MOLY (75/25 SPLIT)

(OP)
Does anyone know the SA spec No. or the UNS for material that would be applicable when 2205/6% MOLY (75/25 SPLIT) material is called for. I don't know where to find details or a manufacturer of such a product. Any basic info would be very helpful.

RE: 2205/6% MOLY (75/25 SPLIT)

Try UNS S31254. This may be what you are looking for.

Boottmills

RE: 2205/6% MOLY (75/25 SPLIT)

254 is a 6% Mo super austenitic grade. And there are a bunch more.
2205 can be either S31803 or S32205, and it is a duplex stainless.

Are you looking for a higher alloy duplex, or a lower alloy austenitic?
The closes real alloys to a mixture of these two would be a superduplex (S32550, S32707, S32750, S32760).

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Plymouth Tube

RE: 2205/6% MOLY (75/25 SPLIT)

(OP)
Okay, I received clarification from the design engineers. They are asking for a shell plate with 25% of the circumference to be 6Mo and the remaining 75% to be 2205. The vessel will essentially be split internally by 6Mo plate to partition two different processes.

Thanks to all for your replies, it is always greatly appreciated!

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members!


Resources


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close