Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.


Robbins Device for Water Injection Sessile Bacteria Monitoring

Robbins Device for Water Injection Sessile Bacteria Monitoring


I'm not pretty sure whether this is the correct forum or not, but i wanted to ask whether any of you heard about Robbins Device for Water Injection Sessile Bacteria Monitoring?
From what I've read, it's related to H2S and corrosion control for reservoir/pipe and it's a device for monitoring/probing.

This is the specifications I've obtained but I don't know what is it actually:-

Robin Device to be built as per drawing shown below (c/w pressure gauge, flow meter, backpressure regulating valve, isolation valve, biocide inlet valve):
a) Consist of Teflon plug – 300 pcs
b) Carbon steel plug / stud – 300 pcs
c) O-ring 7mm – 300 pcs
d) Stainless steel screw cap ½” – 24 pcs

Is there anyone could share some of your knowledge for this?
Or to make it easier, point me to the manufacturer that can fabricate this device.
Thank you


RE: Robbins Device for Water Injection Sessile Bacteria Monitoring

Tyler Advanced Corrosion manufactures modified robbins devices ( for oil and gas. We use their high pressure devices for water injection system on some of our offshore rigs.

RE: Robbins Device for Water Injection Sessile Bacteria Monitoring

I've contacted them and received their feedback. Thank you.

RE: Robbins Device for Water Injection Sessile Bacteria Monitoring

Sessile bacteria are bacterial that is "swimming" in the water phase (as opposed to biofilm).

A robbins device is a device for emulating growth in a biofilm in a flowing media e.g. a pipeline wall. I think your device must be a modified because they should look a bit different (mind you that i never worked with a Robbins device myself).

Best regards


Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members!


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close