Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!
  • Students Click Here

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here


3.2 level certification

3.2 level certification

3.2 level certification

If i have level 3.1 certification and i have the valves and certificates reviwed and stamped by Velosi or Moody inspector, will that make them 3.2 certification?  

RE: 3.2 level certification

If you are the manufacturer of the valves and if you issued the 3.1 certificates, the inspection of the third party will make a 3.2 certificate out of it. But that means the certificate must be issed as a 3.2 certificate. If 3.1 is written on it, it will basically remain a 3.1 certificate.

RE: 3.2 level certification

To be verry short on your question..

an 10204-3.1 certificate can never become a 10204-3.2 based on reviewing the certs.

A notified body like TÜV or Loyds shall have to whitness the (pressure and/or material)tests at the manufacturing facility.

RE: 3.2 level certification

I insist on my opinion after reading chapter 4.2 of EN 10204 again. But obey the "ifs" in my first post.

RE: 3.2 level certification

I believe that everybody is correct in here.

- You can never call a stamped 3.1 certificate a 3.2 certificate. It will remain a 3.1 certificate. (as mentioned by RWLucas / micalbrch)

- If you need 3.2, you have to make a new certificate and get it certified by a third party appointed by the client or a clients representative. This can only be done for the parts were you are the manufacturer. (as mentioned by micalbrch)

Note once more that the latter is only applicable for the parts that you control. For example:
You are the valve manufacturer. Your raw material is purchased at a material supplier with a 3.1 material certificate. You do the pressure testing and issue also a 3.1 pressure test certificate.

- The material certificate can only become 3.2 if the foundry/forgery issues a new and witnessed certificate. This will be extremely difficult since your valve is already made and no third party will sign for this.
- The pressure test certificate can become 3.2 if you issue a new certificate. Depending on the third party, if they witnessed the original pressure testing or not, you may have to redo the pressure testing.

Good luck

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members!


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close