Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.


SB564 UNS N10276 (Hastealloy C276) Flanges in ASME B16.5

SB564 UNS N10276 (Hastealloy C276) Flanges in ASME B16.5


Hastealloy C-276 Flange material (SB564 UNS N10276) are available commercially, but this material designation is not in ASME B16.5 Table 2-1 (Pressure temperature rating chart). I am just trying to find out the maximum allowable pressure for a SB564 (UNS N10276) - 150# flange at design temperature of 475 Degree F.
Note that B16.5 has information on SB564 flange for different UNS designation but not for N10276.
Similarly I have one larger flange (>24") as well of the same material SB564 (UNS N10276) and ASME B16.47 also has no information on max. allowable pressure.

NOTE: At the same time I realize that a CS flange with C276 weld overlay can be used as a cheaper option but just consider for now that we have to use solid SB564 (N10276) flange.

Where I can get above information, if its not available in B16.5 & B16.47.

Would appreciate your help. Thanks.


RE: SB564 UNS N10276 (Hastealloy C276) Flanges in ASME B16.5

Where are you located, and what is the governing Code for these flanges' installation?  Have you asked your jurisdiction?

RE: SB564 UNS N10276 (Hastealloy C276) Flanges in ASME B16.5

Located in North America & Design codes are the same as ASME B16.5 & B16.47.


RE: SB564 UNS N10276 (Hastealloy C276) Flanges in ASME B16.5

OK - I get that you are located in North America.  What do you mean by


Design codes are the same as ASME B16.5 & B16.47
B16.5 and B16.47 are Standards.  They are not "to" any design code.  Rather, the design Codes (ASME Section VIII, Division 1, or ASME B31.3) refer to these Standards.

And, to ask again, have you asked your jurisdiction?  Who is your jurisdiction?

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members!


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close