NX NASTRAN 7.0 is the last release of the solver, many improvements done, here you are the long list (October-2009):
• Modal contribution extensions to support element responses, new normalization options, and SORT1/SORT2 output options.
• Improved multi-body dynamic interface by consolidating support of different MBD solvers into one interface, support OP4 output of flexible body matrices, and support state-space equation format for controls interfaces.
• Support scale factors on the case control of DMIG inputs for K2GG, B2GG, M2GG, K2PP, B2PP, M2PP, and K42GG.
• Support direct solutions for rotor dynamic analysis.
• Changed the default enforced motion method from the absolute displacement method to the constraint mode method.
• Added a total mass input option for non-structural mass – NSML bulk data.
• Assign global labels to composite ply layers – PCOMPG physical property input.
• New option to sort the output of composites ply results – GPSORT case control.
• Allow defining different material temperatures TEMP(MAT) for different superelements by subcases.
SURFACE-TO-SURFACE LINEAR CONTACT ...
• Local definition of contact parameters allows assigning different parameters to different contact pairs. BCTADD used to combine contact sets into a single contact set.
• Automatic penalty factor calculation is now the default. This should improve performance because well selected penalty factors need less iterations to reach convergence.
• New contact refinement algorithm which is more robust and gives more accurate contact pressure results.
• Full support of the linear contact with the element iterative solver. This gives better performance of contact with solid element models.
• Reuse of contact stiffness. User can output final contact stiffness to DMIG punch file that can then be reused in subsequent analyses.
GLUE CONTACT ...
• Local definition of glue parameters allows assigning different parameters to different glue pairs. BGADD used to combine contact sets into a single contact set.
• New glue refinement algorithm which is more robust and gives more accurate load transfer for glue connections.
• Glue connections now enabled for joining dissimilar acoustic meshes.
ADVANCED NONLINEAR ...
• Beta release of thermal mechanical coupling solution. Allows for solving thermal and structural solutions as either one-way coupling or fully iterative coupling.
• Sussman-Bathe Rubber for hyperelastic materials. Allows direct use of uniaxial stress-strain data for material properties.
• Shape Memory Alloy (SMA) material to simulate the superelasticity behavior due to the reversible phase transformation of austenite and martensite.
• Support variable node numbers for tetrahedron and pyramid elements.
• Support general non-linear spring element that can be used for translational and rotational stiffnesses.
• Added moment transfer to flexible RBE2 option.
• Allow dependent DOF to be used as independent DOF for RBE2 or RBE3 and viceversa.
• Support set ID for contact case control, BCRESULTS, output request.
• Output the LDC load factor.
• The DCONSTR bulk entry now allows frequency dependent lower and/or upper bounds on constraints.
• Power spectral density (PSD) responses, PSDDISP, PSDVELO, PSDACCL can now be defined for the DRESP1 bulk entry.
• More control for selecting constrained response ID's for printing – P2RSET parameter input DOPTPRM bulk entry.
• Alternative optimizer algorithm implemented. Can optionally be used in place of the default DOT optimizer.
STATIC SOLUTION IMPROVEMENTS ...
• Support RMAXMIN for SOL 101 solutions to capture maximum or minimum results across multiple subcases.
DISTRIBUTED MEMORY PROCESSING (DMP) SOLUTIONS ...
• RDModes solution extended to SOL 111, including with acoustic meshes.
• Implemented a sparse data recovery option for RDModes that greatly improves performance when only a few response locations are specified.
• DMP support of virtual mass simulation with MFLUID.
• DMP support for calculation of constrained normal modes in superelement solutions.
• Serial restarts of a DMP solution supported for SOL 103, 111, and 112. Works also for superelement DMP solutions.
• Geometry partitioning option (GPARTN) default changed to 1. This is a more versatile option.
• New DSTAT keyword used to invoke the load domain static analysis.
NUMERICAL PERFORMANCE ...
• Improved modal frequency response calculation for very large number or modes. Uses a new FRRDRU module.
• Diagonal scaling option for symmetric decomposition of sparse matrices to improve performance.
• Added I/O libraries to improve I/O performance on x86-64 Linux platforms. Invoked with FFIO keyword on Altix platform and MIO keyword on other x86- 64 Linux platforms.
Also runs in the most important platforms, including:
IBM RS/6000 - AIX (64-bit)