Smart questions
Smart answers
Smart people
Join Eng-Tips Forums

Member Login

Remember Me
Forgot Password?
Join Us!

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips now!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!

Join Eng-Tips
*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.
Jobs from Indeed

Link To This Forum!

Partner Button
Add Stickiness To Your Site By Linking To This Professionally Managed Technical Forum.
Just copy and paste the
code below into your site.

gaudi (Mechanical) (OP)
3 May 02 3:59
Does anyone know where I can obtain a copy of the above document as I do not belong to the EPRI? I am interesred in water quality for once through boilers
davefitz (Mechanical)
20 Nov 03 13:22
Most US electric power utilities are EPRI members. If you know anyone in the main office of a US power utility, you can ask them to look up some specific information for you, but it is not permitted to copy or distribute these reports.

The Once thru unit water treatment guidelines are also published in europe by the VGB and also the german boiler code TRD. These are a lower cost publication compared to the Epri guidelines, and are probably more reliable.

You can also try a science citation abstract search of the usual authors ( Barry Dooley, Otakar Jones, etc.)
Visionaryscott (Industrial)
11 Apr 04 18:25
Innovative Steam Technologies has a engineering specification on the Web for once-through steam generators.  Search using "feedwater guidelines".  I have a copy and may be able to email it for you.
athomas236 (Mechanical)
21 Apr 04 2:32
For your information I understand that all national boiler standards including DIN and TRD have been replaced by a new European Norm EN12952, Part 12 covers boiler chemistry.

If your are still interested in EPRI let me know.

davefitz (Mechanical)
15 Aug 04 15:57
I understand that EN12952 part 12 has several contradictory requirements that still need to be worked out. See Albert Bursik's site <>
vpl (Nuclear)
23 Aug 04 16:56
EPRI does sell its publications to non-members.  They do have a pretty hefty price tag, but you can get them.  Here's a link to their site:

I agree with davefitz in regard to "unofficial" copies.  

Patricia Lougheed

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of the Eng-Tips Forums.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members!

Back To Forum

Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close