Smart questions
Smart answers
Smart people
Join Eng-Tips Forums

Member Login

Remember Me
Forgot Password?
Join Us!

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips now!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!

Join Eng-Tips
*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.
Jobs from Indeed

Link To This Forum!

Partner Button
Add Stickiness To Your Site By Linking To This Professionally Managed Technical Forum.
Just copy and paste the
code below into your site.

hooch (Mechanical) (OP)
17 Apr 02 9:58
I recently had a safety relief valve leak and destroy a data plate on a HW storage tank. This tank was manufactured by Pressure Vessels Inc. from Fort Worth Texas. The model # is NSA 1000t, serial # 127422869 with a working pressure of 125 psi. I need to replace this plate to satisfy state fire marshal. Does anyone know where i can get a replacement plate? I would greatly appriciate help in this. Thanks........
pipewelder1999 (Industrial)
17 Apr 02 18:31
Replacing the plate would probably involve recertification of the valve. I would suggest contacting a valve repair facility  that performs safety valve work.

You can't just "get another plate" if the valve has leaked.
pipewelder1999 (Industrial)
17 Apr 02 18:35
I'm sorry. I thought it was a nameplate for a safety valve.

Contact the manufacturer or the National Board of Boiler and Pressure vessel inspectors.
ElderX (Materials)
18 Apr 02 16:16
You will need to be able to positively identify the vessel with serial number stamp or the like.  The original Manuf should be able to assist you in getting replacement nameplate The NBIC ANSI B23 Part RB 4000 details the procedure.  This will most likely involve an authorized inspector witness the replacement.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members!

Back To Forum

Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close