Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.


Flexible Conduit (Seal-Tite)

Flexible Conduit (Seal-Tite)

Is Seal-Tite approved for use in class 1, DIV 1 or class 1, DIV 2 areas? E.G. connecting ridgid conduit to a motor with the seal at the motor.

RE: Flexible Conduit (Seal-Tite)

Liquid Tight Fexible Metallic Conduit (sealtight) is permitted in Class 1 Division 2 areas.  See 501-4(b).  Sealtight is not permitted in Class 1 Division 1 areas.  See 501-4(a)(2).

RE: Flexible Conduit (Seal-Tite)

I believe that there are special flexible couplings rated for Class 1, Div 1.  See Crouse-Hinds ECGJH.  

But as mentioned, standard liquid-tight flexible conduit (Seal-tite) is not approved for this application.

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members!


White Paper: Introduction to Multi-patterning
As the semiconductor industry races to keep pace with Moore’s Law, which regards the doubling of transistors per square inch on integrated circuits, lithography hardware systems are not always able to provide a quality image for creating circuits. Download Now

Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close