Sugars(TM) version 3.6.04
Sugars(TM) version 3.6.04
All current Sugars users with an active software service agreement should have received a message about downloading the latest version (3.6.04) of Sugars. If you did not receive a message, please let me know.
Version 3.6.04 fixes a number of bugs that were reported and adds a few new improvements. A complete list of the changes that have been made to Sugars since the release of version 3.5.11 (August 29, 2004) is as follows.
Version 3.6.04 Improvements
1. Added Temperature Out field for Coolers and %DS field for blenders (version 3.6.03).
2. Added (activated) Saturation Temperature for Flow Legends (version 3.6.03).
3. Stencil additions include a new saturation ‘A’ Carbonation Tank with heat exchanger, belt pressure filter and a tube and shell surface condenser. Also, updated the Vacuum Filter 1 to a newer one with a cooler to allow for heat loss (version 3.6.03).
4. Revised online help Theory section for Vavrinecz saturation function and Overview section for Flow Legends (3.6.03).
5. Revisions to blender, heat exchanger, injection heater, distributor and centrifugal for warning messages and potential calc. problems for non-sucrose-to-water-ratio and sucrose crystal calcs. when flow streams have components other than liquid and sucrose crystals (version 3.6.03).
6. Corrected heat exchanger for heat transfer coefficient and log mean temperature difference iteration calculations under certain conditions.
7. Corrected surface condenser for pressure feedback when input vapor flow is a pressure feedback flow and the condensed vapor out is not a pressure feedback flow.
8. Removed check for external steam flow to an evaporator body that is not the 1st effect. Now, a separate external flow can be used to supply steam to any body in a multiple-effect in addition to steam flow to the 1st effect.
9. Changed maximum value for non-sugar-to-water (NSW) ratio for a blender station to prevent overflow on the blender properties screen for NSW ratios exceeding 999.
10. Corrected problem with an external heating flow (internal flow was ok) into an injection heater that caused an incorrect calculation for the components in the flow leaving the injection heater.
11. Correct error message for injection heater that heating flow must be greater than or equal to at least 1.0 degree greater than the process flow being heated. Previously, if the heating flow was only 1.0 degree greater than the process flow, a warning message was given.
12. Corrected problem in centrifugal station with a division by zero error that could occur if the massecuite flow into the centrifugal had a dry substance value of zero.
13. Revised iteration procedure for sucrose crystal phase change calculation for faster convergence when heat content of the flow is known and the temp. and crystal content were being calculated.
14. Corrected calculation for the maximum vapor that can occur in a station that has vaporization (evaporator, flash tank and pan). Previous maximum value was too high which would increase the iteration convergence time.
15. Added check to prevent possible division by zero in evaporator multiple effect calculations.
16. Added check for minimum output pressure for both separator and blender stations to prevent a zero pressure for cases when the pressure value for one of the input flows had not been defined from a feedback flow during the iterations.
17. Added checking for molecular weights defined and the reaction equation in balance for a reactor station. Also, revised some of the warning messages for the reactor station.
18. Corrected problem with pan station not correctly using the new solubility coefficients defined on the pan properties screen.
19. Corrected problem with potential out of bounds error for a distributor station with only one output flow and the input flow is a can’t be required flow. Also, revised some of the warning messages for the distributor station.
20. Corrected case for heat exchanger where the input flow to port no. 1 is not a required flow and the output flow from port no. 1 can be a required flow and yet the input flow was not being set to a can be required flow.
21. Revised check for a 3-output centrifugal to have all three output flows. Previously, only two output flows were necessary; however, Sugars would use the properties screen for a 3-output centrifugal. This is now an error that requires the user to correct it before a balance can be done.
22. Other improvements were made to the stencils so that all stations are automatically placed on the equipment layer when they are dropped on to the drawing.
23. Other minor revisions to various stations for improved operation.
We are working on version 3.7 and hope to have it ready by later this summer or early fall. Version 3.7 will have many new features and improvements including station and flow stream data transferred to the Visio Custom Properties for display on the drawing and/or use in calculations using features in Visio.
Thank you for your continued support of Sugars.
Sugars International LLC, 30 Glenmoor Drive, Englewood, CO 80113 USA
Phone: +303-761-8442 Fax: +303-761-8048
Web Site: http://www.SugarsOnline.com