3 Jun 05 12:52
To Define a Simple Symbol
1. Create the draft geometry and add notes to include as fixed or variable text in the symbol. The text size and placement should be proportional to the geometry. Symbol text and geometry remain proportional when you modify the symbol height.
2. Click Format > Symbol Gallery. The DWG SYMBOL menu appears.
3. Click Define.
4. Type a name that an existing symbol is not already using (in the directory where you are going to store the symbol) unless you intend to overwrite the existing symbol. The symbol edit window appears.
5. Choose Copy Drawing to copy entities from the format or drawing into the symbol edit window. Click GET SELECT > Pick Many > Pick Box to select all entities quickly.
6. Choose GET SELECT > Done Sel to confirm your selection. All selected entities appear in the symbol edit window.
7. Choose SYMBOL EDIT > Attributes.
8. Select the desired attributes from the Symbol Definition Attributes dialog box; then click OK.
9. Choose SYMBOL EDIT > Done. The system confirms that it has successfully defined the symbol.
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SW2005 SP 2.0 & Pro/E 2001
Dell Precision 370
P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
XP Pro SP2.0
NIVIDA Quadro FX 1400
Do you trust your intuition or go with the flow?
Read before you write FAQ731-376