Smart questions
Smart answers
Smart people
Join Eng-Tips Forums

Member Login

Remember Me
Forgot Password?
Join Us!

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips now!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!

Join Eng-Tips
*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.
Jobs from Indeed

Link To This Forum!

Partner Button
Add Stickiness To Your Site By Linking To This Professionally Managed Technical Forum.
Just copy and paste the
code below into your site.

roca (Mechanical) (OP)
14 Dec 04 2:41
We have a Produced Water Tank and it is required to skim off any oil. It is proposed to use a “skimming bucket” to skim off the oil layer from the water in a similar fashion to a baffle in a separator vessel. The bucket can be square or half circular cross section and would need to be designed to be supported off the tank wall and also able to take any static head load - especially if the tank level alarms fail and the level goes above the top of the skimming bucket top edge.
Has anyone seen something like this before?
IFRs (Petroleum)
14 Dec 04 6:41
I have seen floating skimmers that rise and fall with the liquid level.  Does that idea work for you?
Hewlett (Electrical)
19 Jul 05 8:14
Here is one example:

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members!

Back To Forum

Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close