Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you an
Engineering professional?
Join Eng-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!
  • Students Click Here

*Eng-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here


Dresser Grove Flexflo valves or regulators?

Dresser Grove Flexflo valves or regulators?

Dresser Grove Flexflo valves or regulators?


Has anyone come across the above mentioned type of valves. One of our petroleum industry clients is using the flexflo valve/regulators as pressure relieving devices. The literature from the manufacturer (Grove/Dresser I guess) also lists that it can be used for pressure regulating, relief or flow control applications. But there is no reference anywhere, about it being a API/ASME approved device for such use.

Is there anyway we can figure out as to which protection devices are legally certified and which are not. Is there any way we can justify a non certified device being used in a particular service ( I mean with a detailed engineering calculations and stuff). But the main issue here is the wear and tear of these type of valves.

Any hints, suggestions or guidance on this issue will be greatly appreciated.


Sunil Mishra

RE: Dresser Grove Flexflo valves or regulators?

Various self-contained pressure regulators are available to control the upstream or downstrean pressure within about +/- 10% of the setpoint.  The upstream regulator or backpressure regulator may also be called a pressure releiving regulator.  This however does not indicate that it is a pressure safety relief valve suitable for an ASME section VIII vessel protection, etc.  Within the Dresser family, Consolidated makes pressure safety relief valves.


Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Eng-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Eng-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Eng-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Eng-Tips and talk with other members!


Close Box

Join Eng-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical engineering professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Eng-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close