Student posting in Eng-Tips forums for help with theses or coursework is forbidden. This is considered cheating. Offending posts will be removed from the site and offending members will lose their membership privileges.
Commercial and/or recruiting "spam" will not be tolerated in the forums. Our forums are member-policed via the forums' "Red-Flag" utility. Offending posters will be dealt with sternly not only by the management of this site, but also face possible retaliation by the members of this web community (we exert no control over our members and in no way encourage this kind of activity).
The following activities can result in deletion of posts, deletion of threads and/or restriction of further site usage. Members who engage in any of the following activities may be red flagged by the membership. Management of this site does not read any post unless it has been red flagged by a member. In no particular order, here are some common offenses:
- Student Posting
- Cross Posting
- Tack-On Posting. If you have a new question, start a new thread.
- Arguing in an Unprofessional Manner
- Posting of Personal Information
- Posting Anything Illegal (including hacking, cracking, passwords, etc.)
- Defamatory Posting
- Shill Posting, or posting made at the behest of a company
- Leeching (members posting only questions, and never helping others)
- Irritating Other Members
On the other hand, members are expected to:
- Search Google, Previous Posts, and FAQs Prior to Posting.
- Write Intelligent Questions And Use Descriptive Subject Lines
- Thank Other Members For Help Received & Click the "Thank (member) For This Valuable Post!" Link
- Help Other Members
- Red Flag Offensive Posts
- Be Professional