Donate and Keep This Site Free
We do not want to charge members for access to these forums. Member contributions keep this site free. If you receive good value from these forums, either asking or answering technical questions, you should make a donation.
Students are not allowed to post homework problems in the Eng-Tips forums for the purpose of getting answers to their homework. This is considered cheating. Offending posts will be removed from the site and offending members will lose their membership privileges.
Marketing & Recruiting Professionals
Marketing and Recruiting Professionals are not allowed to post in the forums. However, they can interface with this web community in a number of ways:
- The Eng-Tips Message Forwarding Service (MFS). This powerful marketing tool allows you to send messages to our members based upon their declared professional type and/or their particular forum interests. MFS customers enjoy the targeted "focus group" feedback this service provides. MFS puts your product and/or service in front of the targeted qualified professionals you want to reach. Email Management for more information.
The types of messages being forwarded through the MFS channel are:
- Technical Association and User Group Announcements
- Commercial Messages
- Career Oriented Messages
Members of the Eng-Tips web community enjoy being opted in to the MFS as it allows them to keep updated with the news and information they need to be more effective at their work.
- Join the Eng-Tips Partner Program and integrate our technical forums into your website.
- To get your site a free listing in the Eng-Tips Link Library, simply enter any forum, click the Links tab,
and follow the directions from there. This is a link exchange program, and return
links from technical sites are appreciated.
- Our site is supported by banner advertising. If you wish to receive information about banner advertising, click here or write the advertising department.
Commercial and/or recruiting "spam" will not be tolerated in the forums. Our forums are member-policed via the forums' "Red-Flag" utility. Offending posters will be dealt with sternly not only by the management of this site, but also face possible retaliation by the members of this web community (we exert no control over our members and in no way encourage this kind of activity).
The following activities can result in deletion of posts, deletion of threads and/or restriction of further site usage. Members who engage in any of the following activities may be red flagged by the membership. Management of this site does not read any post unless it has been red flagged by a member. In no particular order, here are some common offenses:
- Student Posting
- Cross Posting
- Tack-On Posting. If you have a new question, start a new thread.
- Arguing in an Unprofessional Manner
- Posting of Personal Information
- Posting Anything Illegal (including hacking, cracking, passwords, etc.)
- Defamatory Posting
- Shill Posting, or posting made at the behest of a company
- Leeching (members posting only questions, and never helping others)
- Irritating Other Members
On the other hand, members are expected to:
- Search Google, Previous Posts, and FAQs Prior to Posting.
- Write Intelligent Questions And Use Descriptive Subject Lines
- Thank Other Members For Help Received & Click the "Thank (member) For This Valuable Post!" Link
- Help Other Members
- Red Flag Offensive Posts
- Be Professional
What does and does not constitute a violation of posting policies shall be determined solely by Tecumseh Group, Inc. Management. Any post, thread, FAQ, link, or member may be removed at any time for any reason.
If you have any questions about our site policies, please e-mail Management.
Thank you for your interest in our site. To see a full list of communities managed by the independent forum management company, Tecumseh Group Inc., visit our TipMaster site.